Although there’s no official date for MTD for corporation tax at the moment, many have their money on April 2026. This is certainly the earliest we’ll see it come into effect.
HMRC has revealed little in the way of details regarding the scheme, but we do know companies will need to:
- maintain digital records of their income and expenditure.
- provide quarterly updates to HMRC, which will include updates of income and expenditure.
- file their annual corporation tax return using MTD-compatible software.
MTD for corporation tax will apply to all companies resident in the UK, as well as the activities of non-resident companies in the UK, and other corporations that are subject to UK corporation tax under domestic legislation and tax treaties.
Many companies are already using MTD compliant software, but those who aren’t will have to make the switch.
We’ve helped many businesses with MTD for VAT, assisting them with the switch from manual to digital records, and we can help you to make the change to digital records a hassle-free process.
- We’ll ensure your business is MTD prepared and fully compliant.
- We’ll discuss with you the various options available in relation to MTD compatible software.
- We will suggest apps to create efficiencies and streamline many processes.
- Along with our chosen software providers, we will provide guidance and training as necessary.
- We’ll work with you to ensure you make the best use of the benefits of real time information when making business decisions.
- We have designed a number of packages dependent on the level of assistance you will require – from simply setting you up to fully outsourced bookkeeping and accounting.
Contact us to find out more. We’ll help making the change to MTD for Corporation Tax simple.