HM Government held their North East Brexit Readiness Roadshow in Middlesbrough yesterday which we attended. Whilst the Roadshows and Government advice has come quite close to the deadline, there is now a comprehensive level of support being provided by them – mainly via their website.
Our key “take away” actions from yesterday’s event are below, but the message is that we would urge ALL businesses to do these this week:
- Visit https://www.gov.uk/brexit
- Complete the Get Ready for Brexit Tool
- To do this, click on the red chevron. All you need to do is answer 7 simple questions and read the actions relevant to you and your business. You can also sign up to receive email alerts relevant to you.
Key topics covered include (please do not presume that your business is not affected until you have completed the Get Ready for Brexit Tool):
- If your business trades with the EU
- If you sell manufactured goods
- If you provide services or operate in the EU
- If you transfer personal data into the UK (for example you or a supplier utilises cloud backups or storage)
- If you employ EU citizens
- If you hold intellectual property
- If you receive European funding
We would urge that you complete the Get Ready for Brexit Tool at https://www.gov.uk/brexit as soon as possible. Brexit WILL affect your business at some level, and every business will be different, therefore businesses should take ownership of this and take action now.
Click the attached link to view a brilliant bite sized pdf booklet from HM Government’s website.